MplsMan

Observations by Doug Allan…

Sunday, March 26, 2006

10-4 Good Buddy.



So I made up my mind and committed to a new ride for getting to work and around town. I picked up this Long Haul Trucker from Hurl yesterday. I've got more pics here, if anyone cares. This is the new Black Cherry Pearl color that Surly had trouble getting to turn out right. They've said no more of that color, when they're gone, they're gone.

My plan is to spend my money at a few local bike shops to help them all. Gene is suppose come up with a parts kit for me and I'll have to hit Jim's new place for a sweet rack, bag and maybe Brooks saddle.

Can't wait to ride it.

5 Comments:

Blogger MplsMan said...

Yeah, that's the idea. Save time and money searching. We'll see, I'm sure it will evolve.

-Doug

12:17 PM  
Blogger song 2 the siren said...

Ha ha. I just got a Black Cherry frame from Jim and a wheelset from Gene. Didn't buy anything except coffee from Hurl. Had the components on a Cannondale that I despised more than Satan. The LHT rides like a big recliner, slow and comfy. It's a little heavy for me to ride on my daily commute (adds 10 minutes on each way due to being slooooow) but will be a great camping bike.

I can see paint unevenness in some spots in bright sunlight, I would say the finish is nowhere near as good as the Black Pearl on my Surly Steamroller, but they knew that there were going to be paint problems with this color.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked up a LHT my self recently, mine is blue instead of the black cherry. I love the blue color of mine, racked it out with Surly Nice Racks,some yellow fenders, and some big ass Jandd bags. I dig it.
Since I joined the other crack heads at Myspace.com I posted my thoughts about it there. Eventully some pics as well, I am not real computer savy but it is comming.

zeke out

Single Speeders get Off more

http://blog.myspace.com/zekesbiken

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Sudoku blackberry air free buy celexa Dartford 7 paintball dataes http://www.zocor-1.info/Propecia.html Milf lexi Anderson pamela nuda Insurance rental vacation

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home